BE SAFE AROUND COLD WATER THIS YEAR!
If you’re a first responder, work or just spend time recreating on or near cold water, this workshop is for you. You will learn everything you need to know to survive an accidental cold water immersion and also how to help others who may have become hypothermic. It is hosted by the Canadian Safe Boating Council (CSBC), delivered over “Zoom” and will cover...
- Understanding the Myths Around Cold Water Immersion and Hypothermia
- How Our Bodies React to Heat and Cold Stimuli
- 4 Ways Our Bodies Lose Heat
- What Happens to Our Bodies When Immersed in Cold Water
- Immersion vs. Submersion in Cold Water
- Cold Water Survival and Thermal Protective Clothing
- Basic First Response…When You’re The Only One Who Can Help!
- The Decision to Stay or Swim When You’re on Your Own
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.